Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Bit of Rubbish

Though I am a bookworm who truly does enjoy learning, the academic situation tends to drain me of my creative capabilities. I've been working on a short story for the past month, and though I have a working outline, I've only written a few substantial sentences. And as far as poetry goes...I've written nothing but utter crap since summer. I know all writers experience blocks sometimes, but it's still rather depressing.


But perhaps this pitiful inkling of a poem is the beginnings of a creative awakening:




"Microphone"


She moves of your volition,
her face close, closer.
You pick her up,
hold her slender body to you.
Warming under your palms,
she's part of you now.
Lips moving against her,
your voice breathes,
screams into her.




I submitted a piece to the local newspaper two months ago. I've been told it will be published, but they cannot tell me exactly when it will be (which irks me a bit). So that will be exciting to see my name in print. I'll be sure to let all of you know when it is finally published. Hopefully that will encourage my pen to befriend me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do my best to respond to all comments, but I'm pretty scatterbrained. So if I skip over you, it's most surely unintentional.
Thank you for your sweet words!
<3