Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Each leaf falls as if it were motioning 'no'

"Autumn"
by Rainer Maria Rilke

The leaves are falling, falling as if from far up,
as if orchards were dying high in space.
Each leaf falls as if it were motioning "no."

And tonight the heavy earth is falling
away from all other stars in the loneliness.

We're all falling. This hand here is falling.
And look at the other one. It's in them all.

And yet there is Someone, whose hands
infinitely calm, holding up all this falling.

Though it isn't quite autumn yet, I feel it in the air. I just can't wait to feel the crunch of leaves beneath my feet. And fall colors...how I love their warmth.


(My boyfriend calls these my Charlie Brown earrings. It makes me like them even more.)
I've been waiting for cooler temperatures so that I could wear this cowl scarf and this t-shirt. I forced myself not to wear this t during summer...though the irony would have been amusing. I've always thought it was odd to put a winter print on summer fabric. Do you have any ironic pieces like that?



What colors are you loving this fall? 


Outfit details:

Earrings//Vintage
Scarf//Target
T-shirt and shoes//Charlotte Russe
Shorts//Vintage - BONGO
Blazer//Vintage - My Michelle
Rings//Antique

6 comments:

  1. Rachel Marie is one of my favorite poets and favorite bloggers ^.^ you're truly gifted my dearest friend!
    Muahaha the green shorts (: we always have the funnest thrifting adventures! And I saw that Seinfeld episode about George wanting to be "draped in velvet" tonight lol... (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Was I with you when you got the T-Shirt? It looks familiar lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, to be draped in velvet!!! hahaha...I have a velvet dress listed in my shop right now...have you seen it? I think it might be the one exception to my no velvet policy...it's pretty ^_^
    I'm not sure if you were with me...we've had so many shopping adventures I can't keep them all straight lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, this is Courtney, and you and I were together when we bought that t-shirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that's right! And you got the pretty T with the definition of love on it, right? 'twas a fun trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the scarf and blazer, you put it together really well! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete

I do my best to respond to all comments, but I'm pretty scatterbrained. So if I skip over you, it's most surely unintentional.
Thank you for your sweet words!
<3