Friday, March 16, 2012

Why should I leave you?

The Taxi
by Amy Lowell
When I go away from you
The world beats dead
Like a slackened drum.
I call out for you against the jutted stars   
And shout into the ridges of the wind.   
Streets coming fast,
One after the other,
Wedge you away from me,
And the lamps of the city prick my eyes
So that I can no longer see your face.
Why should I leave you,
To wound myself upon the sharp edges of the night?

____________________________________________________________________________________
I hate to disappoint, but while in NYC my blog shall remain on pause.
But when I get back, I promise to share all the snapshots I will have taken while away.
Don't miss me too much ;)

If you'd like to keep up with me while I'm on vacation, check out my facebook and twitter.

1 comment:

I do my best to respond to all comments, but I'm pretty scatterbrained. So if I skip over you, it's most surely unintentional.
Thank you for your sweet words!
<3