Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Curiouser and Curiouser


Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll is my most favorite literary work, so when I found this necklace, I was - to say the least - ecstatic.


Alice's coming-of-age story may seem disorganized and insane, but after reading it a few times, the symbolism becomes clearer. I do wonder about Carroll. I've heard many disconcerting stories about him, and his characters (especially the Caterpillar) seem proof of his supposed dysfunction. Nevertheless, I enjoy his work. Perhaps I'll post one of his poems for you in the future.

It's difficult to choose a favorite character, but I do adore the Cheshire Cat. He is the only character who is completely kind and helpful to Alice during her journey. The Mad Hatter isn't wholly terrible to her, so he's my second favorite. He gets fussy at times, but I find him and his eternal tea party amusing. And everyone else in Wonderland is rather cranky. 




I've had my writing compared to Alice in Wonderland on multiple occasions. Not sure if that is simply because the piece has influenced me so much or if it's because I'm genuinely whimsical and juvenile. Either way, I enjoy that comparison quite a lot.





My dreams tend to be wild like Alice's. I'm always tumbling down a rabbit hole, embarking on nonsensical adventures. 


What's your favorite piece of literature?


Outfit Details:

Necklaces//ModCloth
Oversized Cardigan//Vintage
Dress//Vintage My Michelle
Embroidered Flower Ring//Antique
Rope Ring//Charlotte Russe
Tights//Vera Wang for Kohl's
Socks and Shoes//ModCloth
Delightful Tea Cup//Vintage


6 comments:

  1. I love the first photo, your photography is so lovely and unique :) I'm also such a big fan of Alice in Wonderland and I love that necklace! Think I need to look in into Modcloth, but I think it would cost a lot to ship all the way to England :(

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that same necklace!! We are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful necklace. I love Alice too.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous dress and I have the same Alice in Wonderland necklace & I absolutely adore it, SO pretty!! As for my favorite piece of literature?! I'm a huge fan of all of Jane Austen's books. Hope your day is a fab one. xo veronika

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are fantastic, and oh the poetry. <3

    ReplyDelete

I do my best to respond to all comments, but I'm pretty scatterbrained. So if I skip over you, it's most surely unintentional.
Thank you for your sweet words!
<3