Friday, November 25, 2011

A Thousand Eyes



The Night Has A Thousand Eyes

by Francis William Bourdillon
The night has a thousand eyes,
And the day but one;
Yet the light of the bright world dies
With the dying sun.

The mind has a thousand eyes,
And the heart but one;
Yet the light of a whole life dies
When love is done.

_____________________________________________________________
A friend of mine recited this poem to me the other day, and I was rather surprised he knew it. I'm finding that most people love poetry when they fall upon it, but very few pursue it of their own will.

How do you feel about poetry?

3 comments:

  1. the only poem I can recite is Annabel Lee. Its always been a favorite of mine. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am one that only loves poetry when I fall upon it... which is sad I think! I need to pursue it a bit more I think.

    P.S. I'm hosting TWO giveaways! An Earth to Alice giveaway and a Chickey Designs giveaway. Don't forget to enter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful poem, simple with few words but so meaningful. Have a lovely weekend !

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I do my best to respond to all comments, but I'm pretty scatterbrained. So if I skip over you, it's most surely unintentional.
Thank you for your sweet words!
<3